The work or means of preparing liquors which are made as alcohol and ale
- producing malt drinks (as beer or ale) from malt and hops by grinding and boiling them and fermenting the result with yeast
- of Brew
- The act or means of organizing liquors which are brewed, as alcohol and ale.
- The quantity brewed at the same time.
- A mixing collectively.
- A gathering or creating of a storm or squall, indicated by thick, dark clouds.
prepare (beer) by soaking, boiling, and fermentation or make (tea or coffee) by combining it with warm water.
alcohol making process where the sugars in barley whole grain tend to be fermented into ethyl alcoholic beverages with a yeast. The characteristic bitter taste of alcohol comes from the inclusion of hops that are the plants of a vine.
(p. pr. & vb. n.) of Brew
- (n.) The work or means of organizing liquors which are brewed, as beer and ale.
- (n.) The number brewed simultaneously.
- (n.) A mixing collectively.
- (n.) A gathering or forming of a storm or squall, indicated by thick, dark clouds.
The chief industries are brewing and art metal-working, also printing, metal-founding, and the manufacture of cloth, silk, tools and cards for wooldressing.