The act of battling with all the fist a combat utilizing the fist sparring pugilism
- The act of inclosing any such thing in a field in terms of storage space or transportation
- the enclosure of anything in a package or package
- battling because of the fists
- of package
- The work of inclosing (such a thing) in a box, as for storage or transport.
- Material used in making cardboard boxes or casings.
- Any boxlike inclosure or recess; a casing.
- The exterior situation of thin product accustomed deliver any user to a needed type.
- The work of battling aided by the fist; a combat with all the fist; sparring.
"fighting with the fists as a sport," 1711, spoken noun from field (v.2).
Boxing will be based upon the principles used because of the Marquess of Queensberry in 1865. They include the present-day guidelines which can be governed by the World Boxing Council. The bout occurs in a ring between two rivals whose primary objective should get probably the most points by landing punches on their adversary. the match is held over various rounds (with regards to the body weight category). Participants either win by points, stoppage or, more dazzling means, a knockout. The phrase comes from the Latin term boxus, meaning to box. It really is socalled because hand is placed into a clenched fist with all the flash laid across nails to form a box. (recreation: Boxing)
(p. pr. & vb. n.) of Box
- (letter.) The act of inclosing (such a thing) in a box, as for storage or transportation.
- (n.) information used in making containers or casings.
- (n.) Any boxlike inclosure or recess; a casing.
- (n.) The external situation of thin product familiar with deliver any user to a required type.
- (n.) The act of fighting aided by the fist; a combat aided by the fist; sparring.
Wrestling and boxing were combined in the pancration.