The act of playing at or rolling bowls or of moving the basketball at cricket the video game of bowls or of tenpins
- a casino game which balls are rolled at an item or number of items utilizing the goal of slamming all of them over or moving them
- (cricket) the act of delivering a cricket baseball to your batsman
- the playing of a casino game of tenpins or duckpins etc
- of Bowl
- The work of playing at or moving bowls, or of moving the baseball at cricket; the game of bowls or of tenpins.
1530s, initially "playing at bowls," spoken noun from dish (v.). Bowling alley is from 1550s.
Bowling is played by between one and five men and women at the same time. A plastic ball is forced or thrown down a lane, after that are 10 wood pins that need to be knocked more than. The item of the game would be to score the essential points by rolling a baseball along the street and knocking down pins. Played by people or groups as high as five players per staff. Players simply take transforms bowling one frame at a time. (recreation: Bowling)
- (tenpin) bowling
(p. pr. & vb. letter.) of Bowl
- (n.) The work of playing at or moving bowls, or of rolling the baseball at cricket; the overall game of bowls or of tenpins.
In the United Kingdom the regular bowling season extends from May day till the end of September or the middle of October.