one which bores an instrument for boring
- any of various pests or larvae or mollusks that bore into timber
- a drill for acute rock
- the one that bores; a musical instrument for bland.
- A marine, bivalve mollusk, of genus Teredo and allies, which burrows in wood. See Teredo.
- Any bivalve mollusk (Saxicava, Lithodomus, etc.) which bores into limestone and similar substances.
- one of several larvae of numerous types of bugs, which penetrate woods, once the apple, peach, pine, etc. See Apple borer, under Apple.
- The hagfish (Myxine).
(letter.) One that bores; an instrument for bland.
- (letter.) Any bivalve mollusk (Saxicava, Lithodomus, etc.) which bores into limestone and comparable substances.
- (n.) The hagfish (Myxine).
Sugar-canes suffer from the sugar cane borer (Diatioca sacchari) in the West Indies; tobacco from the larvae of hawk moths (Sphingidae) in America; corn and grass from various Lepidopterous pests all over the world.