The act of making a hollow or roaring noise a violent hurrying with hefty roar given that booming of this sea a deep hollow sound since the booming of bitterns
- hurrying with assault inflammation with a hollow sound-making a hollow noise or note roaring resounding
- really lively and profitable
- (used of this vocals or noise) deep and resonant
- of Boom
- Rushing with violence; inflammation with a hollow noise; making a hollow noise or note; roaring; resounding.
- Advancing or increasing amid noisy pleasure; as, booming rates; booming appeal.
- The act of making a hollow or booming sound; a violent rushing with heavy roar; because, the booming for the sea; a-deep, hollow noise; as, the booming of bitterns.
(p. pr. & vb. n.) of Boom
- (a.) Rushing with physical violence; inflammation with a hollow noise; making a hollow sound or note; booming; resounding.
- (a.) Advancing or increasing amid noisy pleasure; as, booming prices; booming popularity.
- (letter.) The act of making a hollow or booming sound; a violent rushing with hefty roar; since, the booming of the water; a deep, hollow sound; since, the booming of bitterns.
The booming cannonade and the fusillade of musketry were growing more intense over the whole field, especially to the left where Bagration's fleches were, but where Pierre was the smoke of the firing made it almost impossible to distinguish anything.