A large exotic seafood Orcynus pelamys allied to your tunny It is about three foot long blue above with four brown stripes regarding edges it's occasionally located on the United states coast
- skin of mainly Pacific meals fishes for the genus Sarda for the household Scombridae; related to but smaller than tuna
- fish whose flesh is dried and flaked for Japanese cookery; can be same species as skipjack tuna
- any of numerous scombroid fishes intermediate in proportions and characteristics between mackerels and tunas
- a big exotic fish (Orcynus pelamys) allied to your tunny. Its about three foot very long, blue overhead, with four brown stripes in the edges. Its occasionally found on the American shore.
- The skipjack (Sarda Mediterranea) of Atlantic, an important and numerous meals fish regarding coast regarding the US, and (S. Chilensis) for the Pacific, as well as other relevant species. They have been big and active fishes, of a blue color with black colored oblique stripes.
- The medregal (Seriola fasciata), an edible fish of this southern regarding the usa together with West Indies.
- The cobia or crab eater (Elacate canada), an edible seafood of the Middle and Southern US.
types of sea-fish, 1590s, from Spanish bonito, probably actually "the great one," diminutive of bueno "good," from Latin extra (see bene-).
This selection of tuna may be the littlest associated with the tuna household, seldom weighing over 25 weight. They are priced between moderate to large fat and are the most highly flavored associated with tunas. Many Japanese meals necessitate dried bonito ("dashi").
- from tuna family members, the tiny bonito hardly ever surpasses 25 weight. The fish is reasonably full of fat and is among the most strongly flavored of the tunas.
(letter.) A large exotic fish (Orcynus pelamys) allied into the tunny. It really is around three foot very long, blue overhead, with four brown stripes on the sides. It really is occasionally found on the US shore.
- (n.) The skipjack (Sarda Mediterranea) for the Atlantic, an important and numerous food seafood on shore regarding the usa, and (S. Chilensis) regarding the Pacific, along with other associated types. They're huge and energetic fishes, of a blue shade with black colored oblique stripes.
- (letter.) The medregal (Seriola fasciata), an edible fish associated with south associated with the united states of america and the western Indies.
- (n.) The cobia or crab eater (Elacate canada), an edible fish associated with center and south US.