A sunken reef esp a coral reef on which the sea breaks heavily
- One who boils
- sealed vessel in which water is converted to steam
- a metal pot for stewing or boiling; usually has a lid
- One who boils.
- A vessel where any thing is boiled.
- a good metallic vessel, often of wrought-iron plates riveted collectively, or a composite construction variously formed, for which vapor is created for operating engines, or even for home heating, cooking, or various other functions.
1540s, broker noun from boil (v.). Meaning "vessel for boiling" is from 1725; steam engine sense is from 1757.
- hot-water boiler
- hot-water heater
(n.) One who boils.
- (letter.) A vessel which any thing is boiled.
- (n.) A strong metallic vessel, often of wrought iron plates riveted collectively, or a composite structure variously created, for which vapor is produced for driving engines, or for home heating, cooking, or other functions.
A notable feature of modern boiler construction is the mode of building the apparatus of cast iron in either horizontal or vertical sections.