Want of side or point dullness obtuseness not enough sharpness
- the quality of being direct and outspoken
- without sharpness or clearness of edge or point
- Want of side or point; dullness; obtuseness; want of sharpness.
- Abruptness of address; rude plainness.
belated 15c., "stupidity," from blunt (adj.) + -ness. Meaning "rudeness" is from c.1600.
(letter.) desire of edge or point; dullness; obtuseness; want of sharpness.
- (n.) Abruptness of address; rude plainness.
She lacked Jake's golden tongue, and her bluntness had gotten her in trouble more than once.