Destitute of blood or obviously in order bloodless cheeks lifeless dead
- without vitality or zest or energy
- without blood or bloodshed
- anemic looking from disease or emotion
- devoid of man emotion or experience
- destitute of bloodstream or evidently so
- Destitute of bloodstream, or apparently therefore; as, bloodless cheeks; lifeless; lifeless.
- maybe not attended with shedding of bloodstream, or slaughter; as, a bloodless success.
- Without nature or activity.
Old English blodleas; see blood (n.) + -less. The figurative good sense in center English ended up being "powerless." Related: Bloodlessly.
(a.) Destitute of blood, or obviously therefore; as, bloodless cheeks; lifeless; lifeless.
- (a.) Maybe not attended with shedding of bloodstream, or slaughter; since, a bloodless success.
- (a.) Without character or activity.
Eastern Rumelia was constituted an autonomous province of the Turkish empire by the Berlin treaty of 1878; but on the 18th of September 1885, after a bloodless revolution, it was united with Bulgaria (q.v.).