Any preparation to make things black colored esp one for providing a black luster to boots and shoes or to stoves
- a substance always create a shiny defensive area on footwear
- of Black
- Any planning for making things black colored; esp. one for offering a black colored luster to boots, or to stoves.
- The act or procedure of making black.
"thing which makes (something different) black," 1570s; as "activity of creating black colored," c.1600, spoken noun from black (v.).
(p. pr. & vb. n.) of Ebony
- (n.) Any preparation in making things black colored; esp. one for giving a black luster to boots and shoes, or even to stoves.
- (letter.) The work or procedure for making black colored.
Its chief manufactures are machinery, soap, blacking and clogs.