Of or with respect to 200 esp to 200 years as a bicentenary celebration
- of or associated with or finishing a time period of 200 years
- the 200th anniversary (or even the party of it)
- Of or regarding 200, esp. to 200 many years; since, a bicentenary occasion.
- both hundredth anniversary, or its occasion.
"pertaining to a 200-year duration," 1843; see bi- + centenary. In addition see bicentennial. As a noun, "a bicentennial anniversary or special event," in addition from 1843.
(a.) Of or with respect to 2 hundred, esp. to 2 hundred years; since, a bicentenary celebration.
- (letter.) The two hundredth anniversary, or its special event.
The Baptist Society celebrated its centenary in 1892; the London Missionary Society (Congregational) did the same in 1895; the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge kept its bicentenary in 1898; the Church Missionary Society its centenary in 1899; the Society for the Propagation of the Gospel its bicentenary in 1900-1901; and the British and Foreign Bible Society its centenary in 1904.