The act of conferring good results
- a contribution of cash or help
- an act intending or showing kindness and good will
- The work of conferring good results.
- good results conferred; esp. a charitable donation.
(letter.) The act of conferring good results.
- (n.) A benefit conferred; esp. a charitable contribution.
He was put out of all need of money by the singular benefaction of Cotta, the well-known Stuttgart publisher, who was part-proprietor of the Constitutionnel, and made over to Thiers his dividends, or part of them.