person who or whatever bends
- a tool for bending
- revelry in drinking; a merry drinking party
- a pitch of a baseball that is tossed with spin in order for its road curves as it draws near the batter
- a person who, or that which, bends.
- a musical instrument employed for bending.
- A drunken spree.
- A sixpence.
late 15c., "instrument for bending," broker noun from bend (v.). Slang meaning "drinking bout" is United states English, attested from 1846, possibly from Scottish feeling of "a tough drinker" (1728).
(n.) One who, or whatever, bends.
- (letter.) An instrument utilized for flexing.
- (letter.) A drunken spree.
- (n.) A sixpence.
Selim, the late sultan's nephew, who succeeded, made strenuous preparations for continuing the war, but his generals were incompetent and his army mutinous; expeditions for the relief of Bender and Akkerman failed, Belgrade was taken by the Austrians, Izmail was captured by Suvorov, and the fall of Anapa completed the series of Turkey's disasters.