become deserved by
- To be the property of as Jamaica belongs to the uk
- be a part, adherent, inhabitant, etc. (of a bunch, business, or place)
- be suitable or acceptable
- be in the right place or situation
- be appropriately categorized in a course or category
- be part or adjunct
- be owned by; maintain the control of
- To be the property of; as, Jamaica belongs to Greatu000du000a Britain.
- To be an integral part of, or connected with; become appendant or associated; to owe allegiance or solution.
- become the concern or proper company or purpose of; to appertain to.
- become appropriate; to-be considering.
- to-be native to, or an inhabitant of; esp. to have a legal residence, settlement, or inhabitancy, whether by beginning or operation of law, to be able to be entitled to upkeep because of the parish or city.
- become deserved by.
mid-14c., "to go along with, precisely connect with," from be- intensive prefix, + longen "to go," from Old English langian "pertain to, to go along with," which is of unidentified source. Senses of "be the house of" and "be a part of" first recorded belated 14c. Cognate with Middle Dutch belanghen, Dutch belangen, German belangen. Replaced earlier Old English gelang, with completive prefix ge-.
(v. i.) is the property of; as, Jamaica belongs to Great Britain.
- (v. i.) becoming part of, or linked to; become appendant or associated; to owe allegiance or service.
- (v. i.) become the concern or correct business or purpose of; to appertain to.
- (v. i.) is suitable for; to be because of.
- (v. i.) is native to, or an inhabitant of; esp. to own a legal residence, settlement, or inhabitancy, whether by beginning or operation of legislation, to be able to qualify upkeep by the parish or city.
- (v. t.) To be deserved by.
In most cases the eruptions appear to be of Pliocene or later date, but in the extreme north some of the basalt seems to belong to the Miocene period.