To procreate as a father or sire to build generally stated regarding the dad
- make (offspring) by reproduction
- To procreate, as a father or sire; to create; -- frequently said of father.
- for (with kid.)
- to make as an effect; resulting in to occur.
Old English begietan "getting by work, get a hold of, get, attain, seize" (course V powerful verb, past anxious begeat, past participle begeaton), from be- + get (v.). Sense of "to procreate" is from c.1200. About Old tall German pigezzan, Gothic bigitan "for, acquire." Associated: Begot; begotten.
to replicate or procreate; to father.
(v. t.) To procreate, as a father or sire; to build; -- generally said of the parent.
- (v. t.) To obtain (with kid.)
- (v. t.) To make as an effect; resulting in to exist.
Conception on the other hand is the simple apprehension of an idea, particular or universal, but without belief that anything is or is not, and therefore is unfitted to beget judgment.