The act of striking or offering hits discipline or chastisement by hits
- the act of overcoming or outdoing
- the act of inflicting corporal discipline with duplicated blows
- of Beat
- The work of striking or providing hits; punishment oru000du000a chastisement by blows.
- Pulsation; throbbing; because, the beating of heart.
- Pulsative noises. See overcome, n.
- The process of sailing resistant to the wind by tacks in zigzag direction.
c.1200, beatunge "action of inflicting blows," spoken noun from beat (v.). Meaning "pulsation" is recorded from c.1600.
means of combining meals to present environment and then make it lighter or fluffier. Tools useful to defeat a component or combination include a wooden spoon, hand whisk or electric mixer.
To sail as close that you can into the direction in that the wind blows. (recreation: Windsurfing)
(p. pr. & vb. n.) of Beat
- (n.) The work of striking or offering blows; punishment or chastisement by blows.
- (letter.) Pulsation; pulsating; since, the beating for the heart.
- (letter.) The entire process of cruising against the wind by tacks in zigzag way.
Denisov sat down by the old ladies and, leaning on his saber and beating time with his foot, told them something funny and kept them amused, while he watched the young people dancing, Iogel with Natasha, his pride and his best pupil, were the first couple.