To pronounce or view as delighted or supremely endowed or as conferring delight
- fill with sublime feeling
- make blessedly delighted
- declare (a-dead person) becoming blessed; the initial step of achieving sainthood
- To pronounce or respect as happy, or supremely endowed, or as conferring joy.
- which will make happy; to bless with the conclusion of celestial enjoyment.
- to see and declare, by a public process and decree, that a dead individual is regarded as "the blessed" and is to be reverenced as such, though maybe not canonized.
1530s, "which will make happy," from Middle French b
(v. t.) To pronounce or regard as pleased, or supremely endowed, or as conferring happiness.
- (v. t.) To make pleased; to bless using the conclusion of celestial satisfaction.
- (v. t.) To ascertain and declare, by a public procedure and decree, that a deceased individual is one of "the gifted" and it is to-be reverenced as a result, though not canonized.