The act of 1 which bats the handling of a bat in winning contests of basketball
- filling manufactured from moves or sheets of cotton wool or artificial fiber
- (baseball) the batter's make an effort to get on base
- of Bat
- The work of one who bats; the management of a bat in playing games of ball.
- Cotton in sheets, prepared for usage for making quilts, etc.; as, cotton batting.
"sheets of cotton fiber," 1875, variation of obsolete bat "felted size of fur, wool, etc.," from bat (n.1), on idea of "beaten" textile.
Occurs when the batsman hits the basketball with the bat and hits the ball forward into play. (sport: Rounders)
(p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bat
- (letter.) The act of just one who bats; the management of a bat in playing games of baseball.
- (n.) Cotton in sheets, ready to be used in creating quilts, etc.; because, cotton fiber batting.
He was unaffected, batting the dead creatures away like flies.