To beat with a stick or cudgel specifically regarding soles of the foot
- defeat somebody from the bottoms of foot
- a cudgel used to offer some body a beating on the bottoms for the feet
- a kind of torture in which the bottoms regarding the legs tend to be outdone with whips or cudgels
- A blow with a stick or cudgel.
- an audio beating with a stick or cudgel. Particularly: A form of discipline on the list of Turks, Chinese, among others, consisting in beating an offender on the soles of their feet.
- to conquer with a stick or cudgel, especially on the bottoms for the legs.
Spanish term for an audio beating associated with bottoms regarding the foot.
1570s, from Spanish bastonada "a beating, cudgeling," from baston "stick," from Late Latin bastum (see baton).
(n.) A blow with a stick or cudgel.
- (letter.) A sound beating with a stick or cudgel. Especially: a kind of punishment among the Turks, Chinese, as well as others, consisting in beating an offender regarding soles of his legs.
- (v. t.) To conquer with a stick or cudgel, specially from the bottoms of this foot.
The evidence was supported by oath: in criminal cases, such as the harem conspiracy against Rameses III., torture of the accused was resorted to to extract evidence, the bastinado being applied on the hands and the feet.