a casino game of ball so called through the bases or bounds four in number which designate the circuit which each player must endeavor to make after striking the basketball
- a ball utilized in playing baseball
- a ball game played with a bat and ball between two teams of nine players; teams take turns at bat trying to score runs
- a casino game of basketball, so named from basics or bounds ( four in quantity) which designate the circuit which each player must endeavor which will make after striking the basketball.
- The baseball utilized in this video game.
in the modern-day sense, 1845, American English, from base (n.) + baseball (n.1). Early in the day sources, such as in Jane Austen's "Northanger Abbey," reference the game of "rounders," that baseball is an even more elaborate variety. Legendarily invented 1839 by Abner Doubleday in Cooperstown, N.Y. Base ended up being employed for "start or finishing line of a race" from 1690s; additionally the feeling of "safe place" found in modern kid's game of tag can be tracked to 14c. (the feeling in baseball is from 1868).
Baseball is a group sport between two teams of nine players each played on an enclosed field. The thing associated with the online game is actually for one staff to get more works versus various other. A run is scored by a new player running around the four bases on the field. If a team has actually three people create a bat, or while operating the bases, they revert to fielding whilst the opposition bats. (recreation: Baseball)
- has actually a cork center this is certainly enclosed by yarn and two strips of either cowhide or horsehide that is stitched collectively. (recreation: Sticks and Balls)
hardball [Am.] [ball]
- baseball [ball]
- baseball [sport]
- hardball [Am.] [sport]
(n.) A game title of baseball, so-called through the bases or bounds ( four in quantity) which designate the circuit which each player must try to make after striking the baseball.
- (letter.) The ball utilized in this game.
South of the city; and Ponce de Leon Park, owned by an electric railway company and having mineral springs and a fine baseball ground.