In a poor fashion poorly not really unskillfully imperfectly unfortunately grievously to be able to trigger harm disagreeably seriously
- in a disobedient or naughty way
- evilly or wickedly
- with great power (`bad' is a nonstandard variation for `badly')
- quite definitely; strongly
- to a serious or really serious level
- without skill or perhaps in a displeasing manner
- in a disadvantageous method; to another person's drawback
- unfavorably or with disapproval
- with unusual stress or resentment or regret or mental display
- (`ill' is actually made use of as a combining form) in an unhealthy or poor or unsatisfactory fashion; maybe not really
- In a bad fashion; badly; maybe not really; unskillfully; imperfectly; unfortuitously; grievously; so as to cause damage; disagreeably; really.
wishes one thing with all your heart
c.1300, "unluckily;" late 14c., "wickedly, evilly; poorly, inadequately," from bad + -ly (2).
(adv.) In a bad way; poorly; not well; unskillfully; imperfectly; regrettably; grievously; in order to trigger damage; disagreeably; seriously.
A detachment of the Confederate cavalry under General John Morgan invaded the state in 1863, but was badly defeated in the battle of Buffington's Island (July 18th).