The work of one which backslides abandonment of belief or task
- Slipping straight back dropping back into sin or mistake sinning
- failing to steadfastly keep up a greater condition
- of Backslide
- Slipping straight back; falling back into sin or error; sinning.
- The work of just one whom backslides; abandonment of faith or duty.
(p. pr. & vb. n.) of Backslide
- (a.) Slipping back; falling back to sin or error; sinning.
- (letter.) The work of 1 whom backslides; abandonment of trust or task.
Hermas sees that mere repentance is not enough to meet the backsliding condition in which so many Christians then were, owing to the recoil of inveterate habits of worldliness 4 entrenched in society around and within.