Independent or self derived energy absolute or controlling expert supremacy
- a political system influenced by one individual
- a political theory favoring endless authority by one individual
- Independent or self-derived energy; absolute or controlling authority; supremacy.
- Supreme, out of control, limitless expert, or right of regulating in one person, since an autocrat.
- governmental self-reliance or absolute sovereignty (of a state); autonomy.
- The activity associated with the vital principle, or for the instinctive capabilities, toward the preservation for the individual; additionally, the important principle.
The name of an unlimited monarchical government. a government in the might of 1 guy, (known as an "autocrat,") unchecked by constitutional constraints or limits.
1650s, "independent energy, self-sustained power," from French autocratie, from Greek autokrateia "ruling by oneself," noun of condition from autokrates (see autocrat). Meaning "absolute government, supreme governmental energy" is recorded from 1855.
A form of government that is operate by an individual, self-appointed frontrunner (called an autocrat) instead of several leaders or elected officials.
(n.) Independent or self-derived power; absolute or controlling authority; supremacy.
- (letter.) Supreme, out of control, endless authority, or correct of regulating in one individual, as of an autocrat.
- (n.) governmental autonomy or absolute sovereignty (of circumstances); autonomy.
- (letter.) The activity of important principle, or of the instinctive powers, toward the preservation associated with individual; additionally, the important concept.
In some islands hereditary autocracy prevailed; in others the government was elective.