such a thing any component
- whatsoever in any level
- Property ownership
- a quantity of no importance
- Alt. of Aucht
- any such thing; any component.
- At all; in any degree.
"something," Old English awiht "aught, anything, one thing," virtually "e'er a whit," from Proto-Germanic *aiwi "ever" (from PIE *aiw- "vital power, life, long life, eternity;" see eon) + *wihti "thing, everything whatever" (see wight). In Shakespeare, Milton and Pope, aught and ought take place indiscriminately.
- "nothing, zero," defective split of a naught (see naught; see adder for the split issue).
(letter.) Alt. of Aucht
- (n.) any such thing; any component.
- (adv.) After all; in almost any level.
As a creator of aught but romantic incident, indeed, Cooper's claims to renown must rest on the fine figure of the Leatherstocking, and, in a less degree, on that of his friend and companion, the Big Serpent.