Of or pertaining to Assyria or even its residents
- the language of modern Iraq
- an inhabitant of old Assyria
- an extinct language associated with the Assyrians in old Mesopotamia
- Of or regarding Assyria, or to its residents.
- A native or an inhabitant of Assyria; the language of Assyria.
(a.) Of or with respect to Assyria, or to its residents.
- (letter.) A native or an inhabitant of Assyria; the language of Assyria.
This does not mean of course that the religion had no ethical traits - ethical motives are frequently found in the old Oriental religions - but they were bound up with certain naturalistic conceptions of the relation between deities and men, and herein lay their weakness.4 In the age of the Assyrian supremacy Palestine entered upon a series of changes, lasting for about three centuries (from about 740), which were of the greatest significance for its internal development.