one that or that which helps a helper an auxiliary a means of help
- assisting lending help or support additional
- of or relating to someone who is subordinate to some other
- a person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
- assisting; financing help or support; additional.
- associated with second grade inside staff regarding the military; since, an assistant physician.
- One who, or whatever, assists; a helper; an auxiliary; an easy method of help.
- An attendant; one who occurs.
n staff member that helps someone with higher rank than all of them intheir tasks.
mid-15c., assistent "one which helps or helps another," from center French assistent, adjective and noun, precisely current participle of assister (see assist (v.)).
- mid-15c., "helpful, of support," from center French assistent (see assistant (letter.)).
An employee who helps a manager or any other worker of higher ranking with the conclusion of activities.
dental care assistant
(a.) Helping; lending aid or support; auxiliary.
- (a.) Of 2nd grade within the staff regarding the military; as, an assistant physician.
- (n.) A person who, or whatever, assists; a helper; an auxiliary; an easy method of assistance.
- (letter.) An attendant; a person who occurs.
He was assistant Hebrew instructor (1832-1833) at Andover, and having been licensed to preach by the Londonderry Presbytery in 1830 was ordained as an evangelist by the Third Presbytery of New York in 1833.