Of or pertaining to Assam a province of Brit India or to its inhabitants
- of or relating to or characteristic of Assam or its individuals or culture or language
- indigenous or inhabitant associated with state of Assam in northeastern India
- the Magadhan language spoken because of the Assamese men and women; closely associated with Bengali
- Of or regarding Assam, a province of Uk India, or to its inhabitants.
- A native or locals of Assam.
(a.) Of or related to Assam, a province of British Asia, or to its inhabitants.
- (n. sing. & pl.) A native or natives of Assam.
In medieval history, the Assamese were known to the Mussulman population as a warlike, predatory race,- who sailed down the Brahmaputra in fleets of innumerable canoes, plundered the rich districts of the delta, and retired in safety to their forests and swamps.