obs pl for Ashes
- Consisting of or resembling ashes of a color between brown and gray or white and gray
- Of or with respect to the ash tree
- manufactured from lumber regarding the ash tree
- anemic searching from illness or feeling
- Of or regarding the ash tree.
- Consisting of, or resembling, ashes; of a color between brown and gray, or white and gray.
- obs. pl. for Ashes.
"made of ash wood," c.1300; see ash (n.2) + -en (2); meaning "ash-colored, whitish-gray, lethal pale" is 1808, from ash (n.1).
(a.) Of or pertaining to the ash tree.
- (a.) Consisting of, or resembling, ashes; of a color between brown and grey, or white and grey.
- (n.) obs. pl. for Ashes.
She twisted to see the Grey God, whose ashen face and dulled eyes were trained on the still body beside her.