Works of art collectively
- an excellent ability you could learn by research and training and observance
- pieces of art collectively.
- imaginative impact or quality.
- creative activities; imaginative capability.
"artistic ability," 1837, from musician + -ry; as biochemistry from chemist, etc.
(letter.) artwork collectively.
- (letter.) creative impact or high quality.
- (letter.) Artistic activities; creative ability.
Flint and chert were employed for knives, etc., but with none of the marvellous skill and artistry of the predynastic Egyptian flint-knapper; the early Babylonian used comparatively simple flakes and the wonderful serration of the Egyptian knives was unknown to him though he made the saw-blades.