Made or contrived by art created or changed by person ability and work versus normal as synthetic light or heat treasures salts nutrients fountains plants
- maybe not arising from natural growth or characterized by important procedures
- contrived by art in place of nature
- unnaturally formal
- Made or contrived by art; created or altered by human ability and labor, in opposition to normal; as, synthetic heat or light, gems, salts, nutrients, fountains, blossoms.
- Feigned; fictitious; presumed; impacted; maybe not real.
- Artful; cunning; crafty.
- Cultivated; maybe not indigenous; maybe not of spontaneous growth; because, artificial grasses.
perhaps not of a proper nature
developed by art, or by fav; present only by power of or in contemplation of legislation.
late 14c., when you look at the expression synthetic time "part for the day from sunrise to sunset," from Old French artificial, from Latin artificialis "of or belonging to art," from artificium (see artifice). Indicating "made by guy" (reverse of natural) is from very early 15c. Put on items that are not all-natural, whether real (artificial light) or not (artificial flowers). Artificial insemination times from 1897. Artificial cleverness "the research and manufacturing of making intelligent machines" had been created in 1956.
(a.) Made or contrived by art; created or modified by peoples skill and labor, towards normal; as, synthetic heat or light, treasures, salts, nutrients, fountains, blossoms.
- (a.) Feigned; fictitious; assumed; impacted; maybe not genuine.
- (a.) Artful; cunning; crafty.
- (a.) Cultivated; perhaps not indigenous; maybe not of spontaneous development; as, artificial grasses.
The harbour consists of three artificial basins, opening into La Concha Bay, and situated in the midst of the old town; it is chiefly frequented by coasting and fishing vessels, and cannot accommodate large ships.