the aristocracy or folks of position in a community certainly one of a ruling course a noble
- a member of the aristocracy
- among aristocracy or folks of rank in au000du000a community; certainly one of a governing class; a noble.
- one that is overbearing in the mood or habits; a proud or haughty person.
- person who prefers an aristocracy as a form of federal government, or believes the aristocracy should control.
1789, from French aristocrate, a word associated with Revolution, a back-formation from aristocratie (see aristocracy).
(n.) Among the aristocracy or folks of ranking in a residential area; one of a ruling course; a noble.
- (n.) A person who is overbearing in his temper or practices; a proud or haughty individual.
- (n.) A person who prefers an aristocracy as a kind of government, or thinks the aristocracy should govern.
An extreme aristocrat ' His great grandfather, Richard Morris, having fought in Cromwell's armies, emigrated to America on the restoration of Charles II., and founded the manor of Morrisania, in what was then New Netherland.