A siliceous selection of calcite or carbonate of lime having a silvery white pearly luster and a waving or curved lamellar structure
- Pertaining to or resembling silver made from or sounding like gold silvery
- of or associated with or characteristic of Argentina or its men and women
- any of numerous tiny silver-scaled salmon-like marine fishes
- with respect to, or resembling, gold; made of, or sounding like, gold; silvery.
- Of or pertaining to the Argentine Republic in South The United States.
- A siliceous number of calcite, or carbonate of lime, having a silvery-white, pearly luster, and a waving or curved lamellar framework.
- White metal-coated with gold.
- A fish of Europe (Maurolicus Pennantii) with silvery machines. The name can be placed on various fishes associated with the genus Argentina.
- A citizen regarding the Argentine Republic.
"silver-colored," mid-15c., from Latin argentinus "of silver," from argentum (see argent).
- "of or from Argentina," 1830 (from 1829 as a noun); Argentinian is from 1845 as a noun; 1858 as an adjective.
(a.) related to, or resembling, gold; made of, or sounding like, gold; silvery.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the Republic in south usa.
- (n.) A siliceous variety of calcite, or carbonate of lime, having a silvery-white, pearly luster, and a waving or curved lamellar framework.
- (n.) White metal-coated with silver.
- (letter.) A fish of Europe (Maurolicus Pennantii) with silvery machines. The name can also be put on numerous fishes associated with genus Argentina.
- (letter.) A citizen of the Republic.
The Argentine government, though disappointed at the result, accepted the award loyally.