obtaining the type constitution or practices of a proper tree in difference from a shrub
- abounding in trees
- resembling a tree in kind and branching construction
- inhabiting or frequenting trees
- Having the form, constitution, or habits, of a suitable tree, in difference from a shrub.
- regarding, or growing on, trees; because, arboreous moss.
(a.) Obtaining the type, constitution, or habits, of a proper tree, in difference from a shrub.
- (a.) with respect to, or developing on, woods; since, arboreous moss.
Amongst arboreous families Leguminosae and Euphorbiaceae are prominent; Hevea belonging to the latter is widely distributed in various species in the Amazon basin, and yields Para and other kinds of rubber.