The arachnoid membrane
- Resembling a spiders internet cobweblike
- the center of the 3 meninges
- regarding or resembling a member associated with class Arachnida
- air-breathing arthropods described as easy eyes and four pairs of feet
- Resembling a spider's internet; cobweblike.
- Pertaining to a thin membrane for the brain and spinal cord, involving the dura mater and pia mater.
- Covered with, or composed of, smooth, loose hairs or fibers, so as to resemble a cobweb; cobwebby.
- The arachnoid membrane.
- one of many Arachnoidea.
"cobweb-like," specifically for the membrane layer all over mind and spinal-cord, 1789, from contemporary Latin arachnoides, from Greek arakhnoeides "cobweb-like," from arakhne "cobweb" (view arachnid) + -oeides (see -oid).
Term always relate to one thing becoming constructed of little hairs; a cobweb is arachnoid in general.
(a.) Resembling a spider's web; cobweblike.
- (a.) related to a thin membrane layer of the brain and back, amongst the dura mater and pia mater.
- (a.) Covered with, or consists of, smooth, free hairs or fibers, so as to resemble a cobweb; cobwebby.
- (n.) The arachnoid membrane.
- (n.) Among Arachnoidea.