in order to stimulate desire for food
- Exciting desire for food as appetizing food
- attractive to or stimulating the appetite particularly in look or aroma
- Exciting appetite; because, appetizing food.
- So as to stimulate appetite.
"exciting desire or appetite," 1650s, from desire for food on model of present participle adjective forms in -ing.
(a.) Exciting desire for food; since, appetizing food.
- (adv.) In order to stimulate appetite.
Then she had dinner, a substantial and appetizing meal at which there were always three or four guests; after dinner she played a game of boston, and at night she had the newspapers or a new book read to her while she knitted.