The writer of the Apocalypse
- Of or with respect to the truth or particularly towards Revelation of St-John containing or associated with the nature of a prophetic revelation
- of or concerning an apocalypse
- prophetic of devastation or ultimate doom
- Alt. of Apocalyptical
- Alt. of Apocalyptist
a description of an individual, destination, item or event which was epically amazing in everyway.
1. The termination of the whole world. 2. a massive catastrophic occasion. 3. relating to the biblical end of that time period.
1660s, "pertaining towards 'Revelation of St. John' inside New-Testament," from Greek apokalyptikos, from apokalyptein (see apocalypse). Indicating "pertaining to your imminent end worldwide" developed by 1880s.
(a.) Alt. of Apocalyptical
- (n.) Alt. of Apocalyptist
It is not therefore safe to measure the general growth of eschatological doctrine by the apocalyptic books, of which Daniel alone attained a canonical position.