- Pertaining to antiquaries or even to antiquity as antiquarian literary works
- of or associated with individuals whom study or deal in collectibles or antiquities
- of or concerning collectibles or antiquities
- an expert or collector of antiquities
- with respect to antiquaries, or even to antiquity; since, antiquarian literature.
- An antiquary.
- A drawing paper of large-size. See under Paper, n.
"one just who studies or is partial to antiquities," c.1600, from Latin antiquarius "pertaining to antiquity," from antiquus (see antique (adj.)) + -an. As an adjective from 1771.
(a.) regarding antiquaries, or to antiquity; because, antiquarian literary works.
- (n.) An antiquary.
The building is the property of the Commission of Historical Monuments, which has carried on the work of restoration with great architectural and antiquarian ability.