A relation of events in chronological purchase each event becoming taped under the year for which it simply happened
- a chronological account of activities in successive years
- reports of this work of a community or discovered human body etc
- a connection of activities in chronological purchase, each event being recorded under the 12 months by which it just happened.
- historic files; chronicles; record.
- The record of a single occasion or item.
- A periodic publication, containing documents of discoveries, deals of communities, etc.; as "Annals of Science."
1560s, from Latin annales libri "chronicles," literally "yearlies, annual books," noun usage of plural of annalis "pertaining to a-year," from annus "year" (see annual (adj.)).
(n. pl.) A relation of activities in chronological order, each occasion being recorded beneath the year where it happened.
- (n. pl.) Historical records; chronicles; history.
- (letter. pl.) The record of a single event or item.
- (letter. pl.) A periodic book, containing files of discoveries, deals of communities, etc.; as "of Science."
They were of absorbing interest to Paris, to France and to Europe; and upon them the Girondist leader at last, on the 31st of December 1792, broke silence, delivering one of his greatest orations, probably one of the greatest combinations of sound reasoning, sagacity and eloquence which has ever been displayed in the annals of French politics.