An aneroid barometer
- Containing no fluid stated of a type of barometer
- containing no fluid or actuated without using liquid
- a barometer that steps force without using fluids
- Containing no fluid; -- stated of some sort of barometer.
- An aneroid barometer.
(a.) Containing no liquid; -- said of some sort of barometer.
- (n.) An aneroid barometer.
The orifice which is usually placed to the ear was enlarged and closed by a corrugated plate like that of an aneroid barometer, and the motion of this plate was indicated by means of a mirror which had one edge fixed, while the other was attached to a style fixed to the centre of the plate.