Inclined to love having a propensity to love or even sexual enjoyment enjoying fond affectionate as an amorous disposition
- expressive of or interesting sexual love or romance
- inclined toward or displaying love
- Inclined to love; having a propensity to love, or even to intimate enjoyment; enjoying; fond; affectionate; since, an amorous personality.
- impacted with love; crazy; enamored; -- often with of; previously with upon.
- Of or regarding, or generated by, love.
c.1300, from Old French amorous (modern-day French amoureux), from Late Latin amorosum, from amor "love," from amare "to love" (see Amy). Relevant: Amorously; amorousness.
(a.) Inclined to love; having a propensity to love, or even intimate satisfaction; loving; fond; affectionate; because, an amorous personality.
- (a.) Affected with love; crazy; enamored; -- typically with of; previously with on.
- (a.) Of or relating to, or created by, love.
Very early in his reign, Honoria, grand-daughter of the emperor Theodosius II., being subjected to severe restraint on account of an amorous intrigue with one of the chamberlains of the palace, sent her ring to the king of the Huns and called on him to be her husband and her deliverer.