Possessing or managed by ambition considerably or inordinately desirous of energy honor office superiority or difference
- needing complete use of your abilities or resources
- having a strong desire to have success or accomplishment
- having, or managed by, aspiration; significantly oru000du000a inordinately desirous of power, honor, company, superiority, oru000du000a distinction.
- highly desirous; -- followed closely by of and/or infinitive; as, ambitious is or even do something.
- Springing from, characterized by, or indicating, ambition; showy; aspiring; as, an ambitious design.
late 14c., from Latin ambitiosus "going around to canvass for office," from ambitio (identify aspiration). Associated: Ambitiously.
(a.) having, or controlled by, aspiration; significantly or inordinately desirous of power, honor, office, superiority, or distinction.
- (a.) Strongly desirous; -- followed closely by of or perhaps the infinitive; because, ambitious become or to make a move.
- (a.) Springing from, described as, or showing, ambition; showy; aspiring; as, an ambitious style.
He tried to captivate the ambitious fancy of the king.