To lower the topsail in token of surrender to produce
- to lessen as a sail a lawn etc
- With may with complete force vigorously violently exceedingly
- at full speed; with great haste
- with your energy
- With may well; with complete power; vigorously; violently; extremely.
- At full speed; in great haste; in addition, at a time.
- to lessen, as a sail, a yard, etc.
- to lessen the topsail, in token of surrender; to yield.
amain... a complete misspelling of amainI DID IT AGAIN!!!AMAZING
1530s, from primary (adj.) by example with other terms in a- (such as afoot).
(n.) With may well; with full force; vigorously; violently; exceedingly.
- (letter.) At full speed; in great haste; additionally, simultaneously.
- (v. t.) To lower, as a sail, a yard, etc.
- (v. i.) to lessen the topsail, in token of surrender; to yield.