Quicker than andante although not so quick as allegro
- in a moderately quick tempo
- (of tempo) faster than allegro
- a quicker tempo than andante yet not as quickly as allegro
- a musical structure or musical passage become performed at a somewhat faster tempo than andante yet not as fast as allegro
- Quicker than andante, however therefore fast as allegro.
- A movement in this time.
1740, from Italian allegretto, diminutive of allegro (q.v.).
Cheerful explanation. (sport: Rhythmic Gymnastics)
(a.) Quicker than andante, although not therefore quick as allegro.
- (letter.) A movement in this time.
To the 15th century belongs the chronicle of Allegretto Allegretti, also in Muratori (vol.