Borne from the liquid floating up to speed ship
- aimlessly drifting
- covered with liquid
- borne in the liquid; floating
- Borne regarding the water; floating; agreeable ship.
- going; driving from destination to location; overall blood flow; since, a rumor is afloat.
- Unfixed; moving without guide or control; adrift; because, our affairs are all afloat.
merchandise on a boat betwen the start and end regarding the trip.
Old English aflote, on flot, from a- "on" (see a- (1)) + flot "body of liquid" (see float (n.)).
Commodities or items being in the transporting vessel at a place amongst the slot of origin while the slot of location and, therefore, demand prices being between their area rates at destination and place rates within source.
(adv. & a.) Borne on liquid; floating; up to speed ship.
- (adv. & a.) going; driving from place to destination; in general blood flow; as, a rumor is afloat.
- (adv. & a.) Unfixed; moving without guide or control; adrift; because, our matters are typical afloat.
That much of the yield of 1906 was afloat or undespatched at the close of that year.