Guilty of or directed at adultery with respect to adultery illicit
- perhaps not faithful to a spouse or lover
- characterized by adultery
- Guilty of, or given to, adultery; pertaining to adultery; illicit.
- Characterized by adulteration; spurious.
adj:relating to adultery
c.1400, avoutrious "addicted to adultery," from obsolete verb adulter (see adulterer) + -ous.
(a.) Guilty of, or directed at, adultery; with respect to adultery; illicit.
- (a.) described as adulteration; spurious.
That most favourable to him is that he was expected to lend himself in a more or less complaisant manner to assist and cover Madame d'Epinay's adulterous affection for Grimm.