Grown to congenitally
- of unlike components or organs; growing closely affixed
- Grown to congenitally.
- Developing together; -- said only of organic cohesion of unlike components.
- Developing with one part adherent to a stem; -- a term used toward horizontal zooids of corals as well as other ingredient animals.
(a.) Grown to congenitally.
- (a.) Developing together; -- stated only of organic cohesion of unlike components.
- (a.) Developing with one side adherent to a stem; -- a phrase placed on the horizontal zooids of corals and other compound animals.
When the filament is continuous with the connective, and is prolonged so that the anther-lobes appear to be united to it throughout their whole length, and lie in apposition to it and on both sides of it, the anther is said to be adnate or adherent; when the filament ends at the base of the anther, then the latter is innate or erect.