To stick quickly or cleave as a glutinous compound does in order to become joined or united as wax into the finger the lungs often stay glued to the pleura
- be a passionate follower or supporter
- be compatible or in accordance with
- be dedicated to
- follow securely
- arrive or perhaps in close contact with; stick or hold collectively and withstand split
- follow through or perform a strategy without deviation
- To stick quickly or cleave, as a glutinous material does; to become joined or united; as, wax toward hand; the lung area sometimes stick to the pleura.
- to carry, be attached, or dedicated; to keep fixed, either by personal union or conformity of belief, principle, or viewpoint; as, males abide by an event, an underlying cause, a leader, a church.
- become constant or coherent; to stay accordance; to agree.
to stick to some thing, whether through loyalty, after principles, and/or utilization of an adhesive.
1590s, from Middle French adh
(v. i.) to stay fast or cleave, as a glutinous material does; to become joined or united; as, wax on hand; the lungs occasionally follow the pleura.
- (v. i.) to keep, be affixed, or committed; to keep fixed, either by personal union or conformity of trust, principle, or opinion; as, males stick to a party, a cause, a leader, a church.
- (v. i.) To be consistent or coherent; to be in accordance; to agree.
Only after a promise to adhere to her commitment did Howie feel comfortable with Betsy making the call.