- One who or whatever adds esp a device for including numbers
- somebody who adds figures
- a device that adds figures
- tiny terrestrial viper typical in northern Eurasia
- a person who, or whatever, adds; esp., a device for including figures.
- A serpent.
- a tiny venomous serpent associated with genus Vipera. The normal European adder may be the Vipera (/ Pelias) berus. The puff adders of Africa tend to be species of Clotho.
- in the us, the term is usually put on several benign snakes, as the milk adder, puffing adder, etc.
- Same as water Adder.
Old English n
(letter.) One who, or whatever, adds; esp., a machine for adding figures.
- (letter.) A serpent.
- (letter.) A tiny venomous serpent regarding the genus Vipera. The common European adder may be the Vipera (/ Pelias) berus. The puff adders of Africa are species of Clotho.
- (letter.) In the usa, the term is usually applied to a number of harmless snakes, as the milk adder, puffing adder, etc.
- (n.) identical to Sea Adder.
The blow snake, or spreading adder (Heterodon platyrrhinus), black snake (Bascanion constrictor), coach whip (Bascanion flagellum), and prairie bull snake (Pituophis) are common; the diamond water snake (Natrix fasciata) is found along creeks; the king snake (Lampropeltis getula), in central and southern Texas; and the pilot snake (Callopeltis obsoletus), mostly in the woods of McLennan county.