to get rid of in or arrived at a-sharp point
- To make razor-sharp or keen
- Tapering to a point directed as acuminate leaves teeth etc
- (of a leaf shape) narrowing to a slender point
- make sharp or intense; taper; make (something) arrived at a place
- Tapering to a spot; directed; as, acuminate leaves, teeth, etc.
- To render razor-sharp or keen.
- To end in, or started to, a-sharp point.
(a.) Tapering to a spot; directed; as, acuminate leaves, teeth, etc.
- (v. t.) To render razor-sharp or keen.
- (v. i.) To end in, or come to, a-sharp point.
There are two families of Terebrantia: (a) the Aeolpthripidae, whose feelers have nine segments; whose wings, relatively broad and rounded at the tip, have a few cross nervules, and whose ovipositor is curved backwards; and (b) the Thripidae, whose feelers have six to eight segments, whose narrow acuminate wings have no cross nervules, and whose ovipositor (fig.