related to or characterized by acrostics
- A composition often in verse in which the very first and/or final letters regarding the outlines or particular other letters consumed purchase form a name word term or motto
- a puzzle for which you fill a square grid with words reading equivalent down as across
- verse in which certain letters like the first-in each range form a word or message
- A composition, usually in verse, where the very first or the final letters for the outlines, or certain various other letters, taken in order, form a name, term, phrase, or motto.
- A Hebrew poem where the lines or stanzas begin with the letters regarding the alphabet in regular order (as Psalm cxix.). See Abecedarian.
- Alt. of Acrostical
short poem when the initial letters associated with outlines, used purchase, cause a word or expression, 1580s, from Medieval Latin acrostichis, from Greek akrostikhis, from akros "at the finish, outermost" (see acrid) + stikhos "line of verse," virtually "row" (see stair).
(letter.) A composition, generally in verse, in which the first or perhaps the final letters regarding the outlines, or particular various other letters, used purchase, form a name, term, expression, or motto.
- (n.) Alt. of Acrostical
The Instructiones consist of 80 poems, each of which is an acrostic (with the exception of 60, where the initial letters are in alphabetical order).